Here we go.

19 February 2011

It's Saturday night and I'm at home working up a post for FEAR ANTS.  Very exciting, I know.  I've done a lot today & I just can't produce any energy to go out and be sociable, grand, and live! live! live! every second of the damn day/night.


Today, Zach came over to help ATM work on the building out back of the house.  I just asked ATM if it was a shed.  It's technically not a garage and it's not really a shop of any kind.  I told the guys that we should give it an official name like The Victor Whitney Wiley Memorial...Shed?  Anyway, they did more work on it.  The more they do, the more exciting and real it becomes.  We're gonna add some more usable space to our little homestead. The rumors floating around here is that there will be a ping pong table in it.  And possibly a dart board!


All of the ghastly wood paneling has been removed:
Photobucket


Murray?  Present.
Photobucket


There are some switch and outlet plates that I'm going to clean and repaint.  They're cute, a little art-deco.  (There's a good chance that I have no idea what art-deco is.)
Photobucket


Believe it or not, this is progress:
Photobucket


Photobucket


Checking the gas line.  It works!
Photobucket


As of right now, there's not much I can do to assist with the shed fixin'.  I can do little things like "hold this" and "pass me that"; I can totally whip up some break time drinks and meals, no problem.  I believe the next step is clean-up and that's something I can totally help with.


While they worked on the shed, I took some ordinary tins and spray painted them for...well, I don't have a reason.  But, now they are colorful ordinary tins.  I suppose I could put flowers in them.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Hanging out with ATM and Zach is totally inspiring.  We've been conspiring.  The next big thing will be another Tofu Happening, but this time, we will have it at the Victory St. space.  There'll be more room, so we can invite more people.  I'm already getting "Can I come?" on ye olde Tw1tter feed.  It's always nice to have someone anticipate any event you are puttin' on.  Details forthcoming.


What else?  Right.  Two weeks until the marathon.  I need to get some walking done everyday to build up my leg strength.  I looked at the 1/2 marathon course -- totally doable!  I still get a little nervous every time my mind turns to it, but I know I'll pull through.  I recently learned that you can't rock an mp3 player during the race which is a little disheartening as I like listening to music all of the time, but maybe I can make some conversation with Leigh and other fellow racers.  


In other good news, everyone got their wish for warmer weather!  The hyacinth bulbs I planted are peeping up!  The camellias are blooming!  It's time for annual rebirth!  Windows open, the drapes fluttering in the breeze.  Blankets of pollen.  Dreams of going to the races and camping.  It's time!


So, for many months, ATM has been going to the Victory St. space and playing music with Zach and Kyle.  For as many months, they've been under the radar & real hush hush about it.  I recently got to hear their recording -- it's going to be a (N) Little Rock classic!  I'm working to get my hands on it so I can leak it here.  I know, that's a silly idea, but I thought it would be humorous to leak a song or two on a tiny blog that only a handful of people look at.  Keep your eyes out for LR Cream!

No comments:

Blog Archive